Mt. Calvary Revival Center © 2017   |   392 Legion Ave. New Haven, CT 06519

Designed by www.TH5Media.com

At the National Convention, August 1970, Bishop Brumfield Johnson told Bishop James Perkins to go back   home and open a Revival Center in New Haven, CT. Bishop Perkins obeyed the founder and located a storefront church at 408 Legion Avenue, New Haven, CT and had the first service on Sunday, September 13, 1972. Bishop Perkins was not satisfied with the size of the building and began looking for a building to renovate large enough to host State and National services. 

 

392 Legion Avenue became available to purchase from Faith Tabernacle Church, Bishop H. Carmichael in 1979. The first service was held on Sunday, November 15, 1979 at the closing of the 6th Annual Women’s Day Service. On December 8, 1979, Bishop Perkins flew with his attorney to Baltimore, MD to obtain the signature of the Senior Bishop of the Mt. Calvary Holy Church of America, Bishop Harold Ivory Williams, to complete the paperwork for the mortgage. 

 

Bishop Perkins faithfully served the Revival Center until his passing in 1991. His wife, Pastor Tanzella Perkins was later installed as the Senior Pastor on Saturday, April 24, 1993 during a State Convocation. She promised the members of the church that she would not make them ashamed or let them down in any way and she upheld her promise by preaching, teaching and living God’s word and maintaining the Revival Center.

 

In 1997 under the leadership of Pastor Tanzella Perkins, the  Nehemiah Mortgage Completion Project  Began in efforts to pay off the church mortgage. one year later the project  was completed. in November of 1998, two years before its maturation,The church mortgage was paid off. 

 

In 2008, Pastor Tanzella received a Living Legend Award for her faithful service to the Mt. Calvary Holy Church of America. Two years later, in November 2010, Pastor Tanzella Perkins went home to be with her Lord and Savior.

 

The Revival Center was without a Pastor for two years but was able to maintain the building and weekly services with the help of its founding members and other s who came in and ministered the word of God.

 

In July 2012, Arch-Bishop Owens asked Pastor Daniel Bland and his wife, Lady Melonie Bland to go to the Revival Center and minister there for a month to help Support the ministry.  After that month, Pastor Bland was asked to stay an additional month and then another month. Pastor Bland was well received and the church continued to grow. In October of 2012 Pastor Bland was later  asked to be the Senior Pastor of the Revival Center and was soon after installed on Saturday, December 15th, 2012. 

OUR HISTORY
REMEMBERING
OUR FOUNDERS
1926 - 1991
1937 - 2010

welcome home.